As of last night Brandon weighed in at 3lb 1.3oz so both of our boys are over the 3lb mark now - yippee! And they have lowered Brandon's oxygen down to .7L, and completely took Colin off of oxygen this morning. Colin had a few spells today (though he almost always corrected himself and didn't need stimulation) but its possible he may go back on oxygen for a little bit if they continue. But for now the only tube Colin has is the NG tube, and both boys have had those little velcro dots removed from their temples (they were for the "sunglasses" when they were under the bili-light). So hopefully neither will have to go back under the phototherapy!
The past two days I have got to hold both boys several times and usually for over an hour each time, which I just love. Yesterday as soon as I started holding Colin I heard an ominous rumble in his tummy. Shortly thereafter I caught wind of a stench that was unmistakable, but rather than put my precious feller back in the isolette I continued to hold him and keep the stank "under wraps" with a blanket, LOL. When nurse Dee got him from me 45 minutes later to put him back she said "Lordy, your momma must really love you to hold you for so long in spite of that smell!", haha :)
My mom thinks I should print this blog out and put it in their baby books later. Brandon and Colin are going to be so mortified if I do that, heh. But I figure its never too early to start embarrassing your kids ;-)
Below are some pictures of Brandon taken a couple of days ago. Unfortunately Colin's pictures turned out too dark and blurry :(
But where we're short on pictures of Colin we make up with video below :) The last two videos of Colin taken today are a little dark though...I just hate to turn on the light sometimes and make them squint.
Brandon on 6/14/2009
Colin on 6/14/2009
Colin on 6/16/2009
Colin with pacifier on 6/16/2009
We are following your blog almost every day and are happy the boys are doing well. Thank you for the pictures and videos too. We wish you all the best.
ReplyDelete