I'll try to keep this post brief, but you know how I get a little wordy when talking about the boys. Mom drove me to Roanoke today which allowed me to ride back with Bill this evening, instead of us both driving back from Roanoke. Since he is working full-time again (trying to save his leave time for when the boys come home) he plans to go up every other evening during the week as well as Saturday and Sunday with me. I was at NICU from 2pm to 8pm today so I am pooped. When Mom and I got there an ultrasound technician showed up to do an ultrasound on Brandon's head (Colin had the same ultrasound done earlier this morning). That is a common procedure done for such preterm NICU babies. However, I was a bit put off that the technician wouldn't tell me anything about Brandon's ultrasound, she just said "I only take the pictures, the doctor interprets them." Contrast that to the nice lady who did Brandon's heart ultrasound two days ago and encouraged Bill and I to watch as she did it and walked us through what she was looking at, she even printed us out two pictures. Anyway, the majority of nurses and NICU staff are fabulous, I just occasionally run into somebody who irks me :)
They increased the boys feedings from 3ml to 4ml every 3 hours, and will add one millileter to that every 12 hours, so long as the boys tolerate the additional breast milk. So we are glad they are increasing their food and hope to see them getting bigger very soon!
I got to kangaroo with both Colin and Brandon today, which is always the highlight of my day. When Bill got there at 6pm he was also able to hold Colin, and hopefully on Friday he can hold Brandon. They stopped Colin's phototherapy today so he didn't have to wear his shades, but Brandon was still on the phototherapy since his bilirubin levels were still a tad elevated. Colin had his eyes open a lot today since his shades were removed. I was surprised by how much he was peeking his eyes open and looking around, either in his isolette and even when I first held him today. I would pull back the blanket that was covering his head to keep him warm and he would still have his peepers open, though a few minutes later he konked out and just napped on my chest.
I think that's about it. On that note I'm going to have to call it a night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment