Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas is almost here!

Wow, I knew it has been a while since I made a post, but didn't realize it's been nearly two weeks. Things have been a bit hectic trying to get ready for Christmas! Let's see...what's new. The boys went for their 6 month pediatrician checkup the week before last and the doctor said they are doing great and developing as expected given their prematurity. Even though they are only rolling over at this stage (from tummy to back), their adjusted age is only 4.5 - 5 months so he said they are on target. I have to remind myself of that when I want them to roll around more and sit up, etc. Last night Colin was soooo close to rolling from his back to his tummy (he can already do the reverse, when he wants to). I suspect by this weekend he will be able to go from his back to his tummy. They both seem even more talkative than before, except of course when we break the camera out. Also, we weighed them today and Brandon is 16.6 lbs and Colin is 16.2 lbs.

Here is a picture of Brandon and Colin just before we went to the pediatrician. Their Grammy got them their Tigger jackets, which were really cute on them. And judging from Brandon's expression, I think he knew that nothing good was going to come of that car trip (they got 5 shots each!):


I miscalculated how long it would take us to get our tree up. Instead of 5 nights it took us 7 full nights from start to finish. I've learned that plans are made to be broken and nothing is ever set in stone. Here is our tree after those 7 loooong nights:


Everybody knows that I am a sucker for santa hats and nobody escapes having to wear them, not even our cat Charlie. Don't let his expression fool you. He secretly loves wearing that santa hat!


Finally, there are few things cuter in this world than naked little baby butts, especially when paired with santa hats! I swear I could pat and squeeze our boys' little tushies all day long. I just love 'em! :)


We obviously have much to be thankful for, and needless to say this will be our most special Christmas yet. On that note, Merry Christmas everybody! I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment