Our new baby sitter came over for a few hours week before last and also this afternoon. I think she is going to work out really well, but I think it will be some time before we feel comfortable leaving her alone with the boys. Mainly because they can get really fussy and they get bored after playing in their playpen , jumperoo, and exersaucer after only 10 minutes or so. It can really be exhausting for one person depending on what kind of mood they are in. And they were both super cranky this afternoon, crying for no reason off and on. I kept joking that Amber wasn't going to want to come back if they didn't straighten up but she said she is used to fussy babies.
Bill and I have gotten more adventuresome the past few weeks and often times take the boys to Target or Kroger and/or a walk on the trail. We switched out their infant carrier seats for convertible car seats the other week and I think the boys are more comfortable in those so they tolerate these outings better. And the weather was gorgeous this weekend and last so we went for a walk on the local trail in our new jogging stroller. However, I will guarantee you that you will never see me actually jogging with that stroller. Ugg. That is one activity I have always loathed that would be made even more unpleasant by pushing a stroller with 40 lbs of baby in it. I must say that stroller pushes like a dream though!
Below are a couple of pictures taken on Tuesday just after the boys' bath. Brandon is on the left with the double chin :)


Lastly here is a short video Mom took of Brandon trying to crawl and one more of him REALLY trying to crawl. Mom also took a short video of Colin moments before leaving for the pediatrician office. It was a windy day hence the hat :) Colin gets upset near the end and starts doing his "jazz hands" (and interestingly enough even Brandon has started to do that briefly when anxious, excited, or agitated).
I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I'm pretty exhausted since my day started at 4:40am with Colin fussing in the nursery. Initially I tried to rub his back and sooth him back to sleep but that didn't work so I decided to let him cry it out. I turned the volume down on the monitor with plans to check it again in 30 minutes and hopefully find a sleeping baby. But after 20 minutes of listening to him cry (which I could hear all the way down the hallway) I caved and went and got him at 5:25am. He knows I have "sucker" stamped on my forehead. On that note I'm calling it a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment