Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Can somebody please stop the clock for a bit?

Since my last post a couple of weeks ago spring has sprung, Easter has passed, Bill went to New Mexico, I sold lots of baby stuff, then I got sick, Bill accepted a new job, we bought a minivan, and sold our Camry. I'm shaking my head just thinking about all of that. I'm hoping things slow down long enough for us to plan a small but memorable first birthday party for the boys in late May!

Bill had to leave for a business trip to New Mexico on Easter Sunday. Since I was going to be on my own with the boys for a couple of nights Dallas and John came down on Easter weekend to see Bill before his trip as well as help me out with the boys. We had a wonderful time with them as usual, and they thoroughly enjoyed their time with the boys, who let Grandma Dallas love all over them. The only time the boys exhibited obvious separation anxiety from their Daddy was during their nighttime bottle just before bed. It didn't matter if it was Grandma Dallas or a baby sitter helping me with one of the boys, both would throw a fit if I wasn't the one rocking and feeding them. Apparently nobody else would do besides me or Bill, who was out of town. They see their Grammy daily during the week, but even Colin got fussy when Grammy tried to feed him before bed this past weekend while I was busy with a MOMs Resale. However, their bedtime routine is back to normal again and hopefully won't change again anytime soon.

Here is a short video of Dallas, John and Bill with the boys the Saturday before Easter. And below are a couple of pictures:




Speaking of the boys being fussy, whenever I come home for lunch both of them seem to go bonkers and demand to be held, and its hard to hold them both at once - unless one is in a backpack!. Here is a picture of me carrying Colin in a Kelty KIDS backpack carrier while holding Brandon (those backpacks rock!):


Brandon has realized that he can make different faces now so his latest thing is to scrunch up his nose, curl his top lip, furrow his eyebrows, and breath in and out real quickly....it is bizarre and hysterical at the same time! Here he is making his face:


And here is a video Mom took of Colin playing in the exersaucer while Brandon jumps in the jumperoo in the background. Those boys sure do love those two things!

As I mentioned earlier I took part in my Mothers Of Multiples Resale last weekend. I had lots of baby gear and clothes the boys no longer used and that was the best way to get rid of it while recouping some of the costs. However, I recouped VERY little cost on their clothes, because people are cheapskates and want to haggle over $1 sleepers and 50 cent onesies. Some of those people were ridiculous. And I wanted to blame one of the cheapskates for giving me a stomach bug that hit me Sunday evening, however, I have since figured out it wasn't a virus after all but food poisoning! 4 or 5 other people also got sick on Sunday and while most participated in the resale one did not because she is currently pregnant with twins, so she just attended the pot luck dinner Friday evening with the rest of us. So something we all ate made us sick, which explains how our babies didn't get sick (thankfully!).

On Wednesday I joined the ranks of Minivan Mommas everywhere when we purchased a Toyota Sienna! This means I can now stop using my turn signal and start waiting until the last minute to break, since according to my friend Shelly the minute somebody gets a minivan they forget how to drive, haha. I also sold our 2000 Toyota Camry on Craigslist in record time. I posted the ad yesterday morning at 10:30am and had 2 voice mails and 2 emails by lunchtime, and lined up 3 people to look at it that evening, with the second person offering full price for it on the spot. Wooohooo! I was sad to see that Camry go, but it was time to move on to bigger and boxier things with dual power sliding doors :)

I guess that is all for now. I started working on this post 3 nights ago and have finally finished it. Hopefully I'll find time to make another post before the boys turn 1 on May 27th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment