Both boys have been a little cranky this week and now we know why. Our baby sitter informed us that they were both getting their first pair of molars. I've heard molars can be a real bear since they have more surface area than the front teeth and four corners to push through. And wouldn't you know that the awesome Hylands Teething Tablets, that worked great for their front teeth, have just recently been recalled, grrr. Well thank goodness for motrin at least.
We take the boys for their 18 month pediatrician check up tomorrow. I can't wait to find out how much they weigh. Both eat pretty well these days which is a nice change from the daily struggles we used to have to endure to get them to eat normal table food. Thank heavens for hot dogs, PB&J, and Chef Boyardee microwave meals, heh. They actually do eat a good amount of fruit and veggies too :-p
Before I post some pictures here is a video I took of the boys a couple of weeks ago. Right after drinking their nighttime milk sippy Brandon started bobbing up and down and then jumping, almost like he was dancing, all while he cackled laughing. Then Colin started to imitate him and around and around they went. It was so funny! Though I had to trim the last 3 seconds of the video where Colin then proceeded to spit up milk all over his sleeper and the floor...
From the Christmas card photo shoot that wasn't:


Then just before our potluck Thanksgiving dinner Brandon took a ride on ole Bess (ok I just made that name up but it seems suitable for a cow).

While in Waynesboro Dallas was good to read them books often. Usually they enjoyed them, but when Brandon saw Mommy trying to get a picture he was SO over that book:

They also played with the same Fisher Price farm that their Daddy played with 40 years ago. How cool is that? I think Bill was a little sad when the boys decapitated one of his sheep.

Here they were with Grandma and Grandpa just before bed sporting their little snowmen fleece sleepers:

And they never tire of riding on Grandma's legs, who obviously has more leg strength than I do. I got tired just watching her play horsey with them!


These last few pictures were taken last night after their bath. They have outgrown their baby towels and needed something warmer so I got them some little bath robes. Colin had on the dinosaur robe and Brandon is wearing the shark robe. After checking each other out in their robes Colin then walked up to Brandon, touched his face, then gave him a kiss. Then they backed a way for a second, and Colin went up and planted another one on Brandon. Our boys are just so darn sweet! :)



I think I have yammered on enough and its time to call it a night. This weekend our Knoxville friends Shelly and Tom are coming to visit and get this: the boys are going to stay the night with Grammy and Poppy!! That will be the first time EVER that they have stayed somewhere else without us. I'll probably be a little nervous Saturday night, but I'll just be sure and turn off my cell phone so they can't call begging us to come pick them up ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment