Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer 2013

Summer will be gone before we know it.  But I'm okay with that because I love fall.  About this time next year I will be fretting over the boys starting kindergarten.  Until then we'll keep paying crazy daycare costs.  They enjoy going to daycare though so that is good.  Colin and Brandon are typical 4 year old boys though and call each other "poopy head" several times a day.  We have been trying to discourage their potty talk, but sometimes that just brings more attention to it.  Then last weekend we stopped at the local farmers market.  While walking towards the market Brandon ran in front of Colin, stopped and then bent over, let loose on him, and proudly proclaimed "I toot on you Colin!"  I gasped in horror and then hissed "Brandon!  Do NOT do that."  I looked towards Bill for some guidance.  However, he had his hand over his mouth trying to stifle his laughter.  Judging from the shaking going on I don't think he was doing a very good job.  I guess I should look on the bright side of things and at least be thankful that they aren't belching the alphabet.

We went to Corolla, NC for a week in July.  It was a great vacation (except for the OBX traffic).  The boys still just prefer to play in the sand and let the water run over their feet and ankles.  Some day they will grow into dare devils and cause me heartburn when swimming in the ocean.  So I am happy that for now I can just enjoy watching them play and not worry about rip tides and jellyfish.








On July 26th we celebrated Dad's (aka Poppy's) 64th birthday at Kabuki's.  I don't think he cares much for sushi (I let him sample a California roll) but he does enjoy the food cooked on a hibachi grill.  And who doesn't like some pyrotechnics and knife throwing during their meal??  Dad probably could have done without the entire wait staff bringing him a cake while singing an obnoxious song.  But like I told him that night, he could consider it payback for all the years he would throw me over his leg and spank me on my birthday (and give me one to grow on!)










Tomorrow we will be going to Camp Tukaway, which is a quaint little campground nearby that Dad's family has been renting every summer for years now. Complete with a "mess hall", cabins, basketball courts, and a swimming pool. I remember playing "Shark" with my cousins for hours in that pool in my early teens (like 25 years ago - whoa). I think the boys are going to have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment