Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another ultrasound

We went to the OB doctor today for a checkup and she did another ultrasound. It is common for them to do ultrasounds at every checkup with twins since they are considered "high risk." Anyway, all went well. I'm in my 23rd week now and the twins have doubled in size since the last ultrasound. Baby A is 1 lb 4 oz and Baby B is 1 lb 3 oz, and they had healthy heartbeats in the 145-150 range. These ultrasound pictures are no more clear than the last set, but I guess that's just the way 2D ultrasound pics always are. I actually called today to see about having a 4D ultrasound done in Radford (that is the closest place for that type of ultrasound). Insurance doesn't cover 4D ultrasounds but we'll probably go ahead and get one anyway because it would be cool to have. The images are generally a lot clearer. 4D ultrasound pictures are best when done in weeks 28 to 30, so we have some time before we get one done. Anyway, here are some ultrasound pictures from today's doctor visit:





The top picture is a profile of Baby A. And the bottom picture is of Baby B, who is lying on his side. The ultrasound images can be distorted at times especially when the "wand" moves, so I don't think Baby B really has such a large eyeball ;)

Lastly, I finally let Bill take a picture of me with my protruding pot belly today. I've supposedly only gained about 11 pounds, but it seems more like 15-20 lbs to me ! Oh well. I'm never going to be a super model and I'm okay with that ;)



I also had an appointment with the endocrinologist today for my thyroid, because early in the pregnancy my thyroid levels were off (low TSH levels, which means higher levels of thyroxin, aka hyperthyroid). But my thyroid levels have stabilized and that doctor said its fairly common for pregnancy (especially twin pregnancies) to knock them out of whack for a while but that my thyroid is fine and nothing to worry about.

Well I'm up past my bedtime and have to call it a night. My next OB appointment is on May 5 when I should have some more pictures. Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog. I will be checking it often. You look radiant.

    ReplyDelete