Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just checking in

For those of you that anxiously check this blog for any updates (ahem Mom), there probably won't be many posts over the next month. I don't really have much to say about the babies unless we have a doctor appointment, and my next one isn't until April 15th. And I'm sure she'll do another ultrasound then. I hope so!

I am 21.5 weeks along and according to the scale this morning I have now gained 10 lbs. And there ain't no hiding that. I am keenly aware of this belly of mine popping out, more than my usual belly, ha. But I'm at that stage where some people might just think I'm fat and not necessarily pregnant, if they didn't know better, which makes me self conscious. The other day I wore a jacket on my lunch break even though it was 65 degrees and sunny, just for that reason. I know, I need to get over that!

Lastly, I've been feeling a lot more "flutters" the past few days. I think it's safe to say that its not gas after all! :-) And they must keep kicking or bumping into my bladder because I have the urge to go to the bathroom even more than I had been, which was already a LOT!

Well I guess that is it for now. I'll try to post after my next doctor visit on April 15th.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! The Chicago H clan is sending well wishes your way. Hang in there during this awkward time when you're not quite ready for maternity clothes but you feel "fat" in your own clothes...I say go for the comfort of maternity clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer :) I must say I am a fan of these maternity jeans that have denim and a button in front, but elastic around the sides and back. They are super comfy and gracefully expand as necessary. And there is something to be said for a pair jeans that can be pulled down without even unbuttoning them ;-)

    I hope that Owen is doing well and that Connor is enjoying being his big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Ms. Mama-to-be,
    Think how happy you will be next year on Apr 15. Two new dependents do wonders for your tax returns. I hope you can make it to Marie's this weekend--this is the 17th Annual Gathering of the Women of our family. Some lucky one will go home with a beautiful new quilt--you did buy chances, didn't you? I won it two years ago but I sometimes think my siblings manipulated the drawing to encourage me because I had just had BC surgery. My next project is a quilt for Annie for her graduation gift--then I will start on little quilts for Cumulus and Cirrus and their 2nd cousin. You look beautiful in your picture! Love you--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tibby, we do plan on coming to Mugsy's Saturday and yes I bought two raffle tickets for the quilt. Maybe the twins will bring us luck this year :) And I already did a "what if" scenario with my tax software the other night and I'm really liking what these babies can do for us next year in the Uncle Sam department :) See ya Saturday.

    Luff,

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete