Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bummer

Bill and I went to Radford this morning for the 4D ultrasound, but the technician was unable to get any decent 4D pictures :( I had to sign a waiver beforehand saying that there was no guarantee of the quality of the images and that payment was still due, etc, so we were relieved when she said that she would refund our money and reschedule us in a couple of weeks. Phew! Basically she has to get a good profile picture of the babies (and not a frontal picture, for instance) or else the 4D image will be of the back of the head, and neither one of the babies were cooperating. Both babies were very laid back, so she told me for the next visit to drink a Mountain Dew or something beforehand so that the caffeine will give them a little jolt and hopefully they'll be dancing around more. I also scheduled the appointment to be after lunch, since they are usually pretty active then. So let's hope we get some good 4D images next time!

On Tuesday my coworkers threw us a baby shower and wow, they went all out! We were blown away by how generous they were. And they made a really cute "diaper cake", which was pretty darn cool. Everything on it is totally usable including the diapers (all 110 of them!), bottles, bibs, shoes, etc. Here is a picture of it:


It's kind of hard to tell from the picture but the diapers are tightly rolled up and secured with a rubber band. The two bibs on it say "I love my brother", awww :) In addition to that they got us a double stroller, 2 Pack N Plays, 2 boppy-like pillows, 2 Safari crib sets, 2 Angelcare monitors, a booster seat, bottles, onesies, and gift cards. Wow! I told Bill I guess they really do like me :) Either that or they just feel really sorry for us, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment