Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Week 26 Update

So I'm almost into the third trimester but not quite yet. However it won't be long! I'm still hovering around 14-15 lbs of weight gain, which kinda surprises me (especially given how much I eat!) but I've been assured by friends that the weight will stack on quickly in the third trimester. I'm already about to "graduate" out of my first maternity jeans to the next size, and I've resorted to buying men's XXL pajama pants and boxer shorts for jammies (loose elastic = comfort!). Maternity clothes manufacturers claim that buying your normal size in maternity jeans will last you through your pregnancy, but I say that's a bunch of bunk! :-p

I went for another checkup yesterday and everything still looks good. I first had to do the "glucose tolerance level" check where I drank a sweet drink and an hour later they drew blood (guess I'll find out next time if that checked out okay). And then the doc performed another ultrasound. I never get tired of those. Baby A is now 1 lb 15 oz and Baby B is 1 lb 14 oz, so just an ounce or two shy of being 2 lbs each - yay! And they are both still in the exact same position as they were last time, as in they are both still breech and seem determined to make sure that mommy has a C-section :-/ Baby A is vertical breech and Baby B is transverse on his side ~sigh~ There is still time for them to turn around, though I have my doubts that will happen. And it's not like the other birth option sounds very pleasant to me either. I'll be scared to death regardless of how they are delivered! :-)

Since these ultrasound pictures look almost identical to the last set I'm not going to bother posting pictures. But next Thursday (May 14) we are scheduled for a 4D ultrasound and we can't WAIT to have that done! Some may think we're taking all of the fun and suprise out of the birth, but I think it will be cool to show the boys a video years down the road of them in utero. We'll be sure and pop the DVD in when they bring their first dates home, heehee.

Well that wraps up this edition of As The Twins Turn (and kick). Tune in next week to see pictures from the 4D ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment