Here I am Wednesday afternoon enjoying the dilaudid the nurse gave me earlier (and yes, I was have a really bad hair day/week). And no, the hospital did not have any self-tanning lotion for my legs, unfortunately.
And here is the nervous Dad, anxious any time a nurse would leave him in the room alone with me. He said given how fast I was dilating and with little pain he was afraid one of the babies would just fall right out while everybody else was gone, LOL.
And here I am just before showtime back in the OR (the blue cap was an improvement to my hair). You can't tell in this picture but there were probably about 12 other doctors, nurses, NICU folks, etc in the OR besides me and Bill:
At 8:15pm little Brandon entered this world by popping up into the air a good 2 or 3 inches before the doc caught him. Then they whisked him away and covered him with a cap and plastic before weighing him (2 lb 11.4 oz):
At 8:38pm Brandon's little brother Colin joined him and he weighed in at 2 lb 15.3 oz:
And here are Brandon and Colin in the NICU approximately 2 hours after they were born. Both have CPAP tubes which just provide some added pressure to their lungs allowing them to breath on their own without a ventilator. I tell them that their Daddy will likely be sporting one of those CPAPs himself someday if he doesn't stop snoring :)
No comments:
Post a Comment