Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Still hanging in there

So far each day has gotten easier. Yesterday I got to take a shower and last night they removed my IV chords so I was finally completely untethered, which was great. I am also officially off the procardia now, which they were using to stave of contractions long enough for the steroids to benefit the babies lungs. So now its just a waiting game to see if I start to contract again like I was. If I do start contracting like that again then they will startup the procardia again. But they also said that minor contractions are normal at this stage with twins and not to worry if I have those every 15 minutes or so, like I sometimes do. We're still a little uneasy about that though since my contractions Friday night weren't that bad either and it was still enough to dilate me 4cm, but these contractions have been a little milder than those.

Bill stayed the night last night and we were able to watch a DVD since the rooms have a dvd player, which is nice. Right now he's out running errands for me including picking me up some preggie bloomers from Motherhood Maternity at Valley View Mall so that I don't flash my backside to everybody, heh. My modesty (and dignity) must have gotten left somewhere back at Montgomery Regional Hospital :)

Well that's all I can think of for now. But I just wanted everybody to know that everything seems to be under control for the time being and that the babies are still doing great. Though they are already getting a reputation for being little troublemakers. The nurses like to get a fetal monitor trace on them twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, which keeps me from having to be continously hooked up to the fetal monitors. But every nurse that comes in here to get a trace tells us they've already heard that our boys are troublemakers because they are so active they often times fall off the monitor which has to be repositioned again and again. But at least they are active and always have healthy heartbeats in the 140-150+ range!

No comments:

Post a Comment