Bill and I didn't get home last night until 9:30pm and I was too tired to post anything then, so I figured I had better post something tonight. Colin and Brandon continue to do well. They are up to 10mL of food every 3 hours now. Brandon is still on the phototherapy but I think they will take him off of that soon. Every day we get there I hope to find him with his shades off. But some good news is that for the past two days the nurses haven't heard Brandon's heart murmur. Not sure if that hole has closed up on its own, or if its just too small to hear now, but either way I'm glad they aren't hearing the murmur.
Bill finally got to hold Brandon yesterday which he was quite tickled about. And I got to hold Colin yesterday. Click on their names to see a short video of that. But beware, there is a lot of baby talk. I think it is impossible to hold Colin and Brandon and not do baby talk :-)
Today Alice and Danny came by to meet the boys for the first time. I think Danny got some good pictures then so I'll have to get him to email those to me when he gets a chance. I was also able to hold Brandon while they were there and he was all wide-eyed and alert. After they left Mom and Dad came by for a while as well. And later on I got to kangaroo with Colin who was quite comfy and slept most of that time. Any time I get to hold them I want to hold them for hours, but I know they need to get back to their warm beds after 30 minutes or so. When they expend energy trying to keep warm they can lose weight, and we don't want that.
The only other notable thing was that Bill changed his first diaper - woohoo!! :) He changed Brandon's diaper yesterday, which took over 5 minutes and I'm pretty sure he broke a sweat, ha. Diaper changing is hard because there are so many cords and tubes that get in the way, and then once you get the old diaper undone they always start kicking their legs and fidgeting making things even harder. But Bill did a good job (even if I went behind him and tightened up the closures a bit ;-)
I may not post every night, especially if there isn't much news. I've done pretty good up until now keeping everybody up-to-date but I don't think I can keep up the nightly posts forever. But if I do have the energy and the time to make a post I will.
I'm already looking forward to seeing the little dudes again tomorrow! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment