Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Parenting at Home - Day 3

We have had the boys here at home for three days now, and I have to say the caretaking is going surprisingly well. I had feared the boys might have some extra fiestiness due to the change from the hospital NICU to their new home environment. For the most part they have still been the same "sweet peas" as always.

Day one was perhaps the smoothest. Of course, that was partly because Mandy let me sleep through the midnight and 3am caretimes, so I got a full six hours of sleep in a row.

Day two was a bit more of a challenge, but not too bad. In the evening they both cried a bit more and had more trouble getting to sleep. I'll attribute that to their trip to the doctor and the ensuing change in routine. The doctor visit went well with both boys getting a thumbs up.

Here on day three things are pretty smooth again. We started trying out some bottles other than the ones we brought home from the NICU, and lo and behold the boys are taking to them quite well. Even with the not-so-tasty vitamins added to their milk, each boy pretty much took their full two ounces :)

Here's hoping the third night is relatively routine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment