Monday, August 24, 2009

Man it is hard to find time to post to this blog these days. These boys sure require a lot of time and attention. Whodathunkit? ;) I can't say exactly how much the boys weigh now but based on some measurements using our scale last week, and given that they have been little pigs lately, I think they are about 9lbs, which is great! I think they are going through what they call a growth spurt. I came to this realization a few days ago when the boys would start frantically crying to be fed less than 2 hours after finishing a bottle. I had never seen them so ravenous so often before. This has happened several times over the past few days. Such growth spurt phases usually last less than a week though. And while they currently like to eat often they still can't take a lot at one feeding. Both are eating 3.5 ounces per feeding and it sure would be nice if they could take 4 ounces which would let them go longer between feedings, but so far that seems like a distant dream! :( Even though they may be starving at the beginning of a feeding session they usually lose steam halfway through and its hard to get them to finish all 3.5 ounces. Sigh.

Below are some pictures taken this week. The first two are pretty funny because their eyes are all big from the camera flash.






Mom still comes over every weekday morning to watch the boys and let me get a nap and run errands, which is a HUGE help. I don't know how people with twins who don't have extra help do it! I go back to work the day after Labor Day and DREAD it!!

Well I don't have much time to type. Brandon is getting all feisty sitting in his boppy like pillow, and Colin still needs to get a burp out. I'm dealing with another stubborn burp that just does not want to come out. Burp be GONE I say!!

BTW, everybody seems to have a crazy Uncle Bill. There seems to be one in every family. Well my crazy Uncle Bill is undergoing open heart surgery tomorrow due to some serious blockages. For any family members that see this post please let Bill know that we are thinking about him! Hopefully he will be on the mend soon and will be tearing up the dance floor like he did at our wedding. He was hands down the best dancer at the wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment