We are going to have a busy weekend. Tomorrow morning sometime (immediately after feeding the boys) we are going to drive to Waynesboro to visit Bill's parents. Also our friends Ellie and Brian are having a big shindig/cookout for the Virginia Tech vs. Bama football game tomorrow evening. So Bill and maybe myself will head over to Afton tomorrow for a couple of hours while Grandma Dallas and Aunt Kelley watch the boys for us. Though I'm thinking about staying to help because these little boys sure have been fussy in the evenings the past week! And it seems to always be an ordeal at feeding time. Either they don't want to finish their measely 3.5 ounces and/or they get a stubborn burp, and next thing you know it's taken an hour to get both boys fed (with two of us feeding the babies simultaneously!). Ugg. It's exhausting. And they never make it more than 2.5 to 3 hours before they start fussing to be fed again. Obviously the key to get them to go longer between feedings is to get them to take more formula at each feeding, but given what an ordeal that is I just don't see that happening anytime soon, unfortunately! :( It seems like they have been stuck at 3.5 ounces forever, at least 3 weeks. I get so jealous when I read online how other 3 month olds are taking 4-6 ounces. Even when adjusted for their prematurity I would think they should be able to take more than 3.5 ounces, but no matter how ravenous they are at the start of a feeding session they usually lose steam halfway through.
Below are several recent pictures. My aunt Alice and uncle Danny came by a couple of weeks ago and here are a couple of pictures they took:
Alice holding Brandon:

Me and Bill with the boys:

Me with Brandon and Charlie looking on:

And shock of all shocks my grandmother finally got over here to meet the boys, thanks to my brother Bryce bringing her over on Wednesday.

And here are our little rock stars, filling out their guitar onesies quite nicely now:



And here is a picture of Brandon using a hands free thingy I bought recently. Too bad it tips over too often and doesn't work all that great - pfft!

Lastly I think we ARE going to go to the Epperly reunion on Monday. Anybody is welcome to hold the boys, they'll just need to squirt some antibacterial hand goop stuff on their hands first, which we'll have near their carriers (no need to wash your hands at a sink, this stuff will do just fine). We took the boys by Bill's office a few days ago to introduce them to his coworkers and thanks to a sign the NICU gave us that says "Please wash your hands before touching mine" none of those 20 people or so touched the boys. So that sign hanging from the carrier handle is a friendly, convenient reminder. But again, any family member is WELCOME to pick up our boys ANY time at the reunion, just squirt some antibacterial gel on first :)
BTW I go back to work on Tuesday and DREAD it! Not sure how I'm going to function on 3-4 hours of sleep :-(
Well, gotta go relieve Mom so she can go home. I hope everybody has a great Labor Day weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment