I could do without them waking up at 5am though. Darn that daylight savings time! But it is impossible to be annoyed with them even at that hour when on the changing table they kick their legs all giddy like while looking up and smiling and cooing at me :) That definitely gives me a pick-me-up and allows me to make it through their morning feeding, after which I often times then make myself a stout cup of coffee!
We are gearing up for an early Thanksgiving dinner at Dad and Mom's tomorrow evening along with Bryce, Becky, Ian, and Kora. And I am looking forward to some yummy down home cooking! Then sometime mid-morning on Thursday we are going to get on the road to Waynesboro where we will have another tasty Thanksgiving dinner with Bill's family. I think I'll wear a pair of my first trimester pregnancy jeans for comfort, LOL! We are excited about Grandma and Grandpa H seeing the boys again. They are going to be so smitten with these little boys and their smiles and giggles :)
As always I like to end these blog posts with pictures or videos if possible, so here are a few pics. When I got home the other evening the first thing I noticed when I walked in the house was how quiet it was. Usually at least one baby is up and is either babbling/cooing or he is crying :) About that time Bill slowly walked out of the bedroom with both babies slumped over his shoulders. Apparently they were both very fussy just prior to that and the only way to calm them down was to hold both at once. And right about the time Bill held his finger up to say "shhhh" the handle on the ginormous box of diapers I just bought broke and went crashing into the floor, ha. To our surprise the boys didn't wake up.

And while I sometimes pick on their Grammy for dressing the boys up and taking pictures like crazy....even I can't resist santa hats! So what if it's still November? :) Do you get the feeling that maybe Brandon wasn't quite as into the santa hat as Mommy was??

Lastly, on Saturday we got the boys dressed up for some professional quality pictures. We did SEVERAL photo shoots and wardrobe changes, which really tuckered the boys out. And when the boys were in their Hokie onesies the photographer (Bill's supervisor) thought it would be a great idea to gobble like a turkey, loudly, to get them to look at the camera....which made Brandon howl like a banshee :) He has always startled easily due to loud noises. We are still waiting to get the official photos back, but here is a picture I snapped of the boys in their bibs just before the photo session began.

I hope everybody has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment