We weighed Colin and Brandon on Tuesday, when we gave them a bath, and they were both 14.6 lbs. It won't be long before they hit 15 lbs, especially if they keep eating like they do! We increased Colin's bottles to 6 oz the other day, and Brandon is still at 5 oz for the time being. I read on my twin forum that a lot of moms only feed their babies every 4 hours at this age...but I don't know how they do it because our boys often times can't make it 2.5 hours before fussing to eat! Yet if we try and give them too much at one time they spit up the excess.
Both boys have continued to do really well at night, though last night Colin woke up around 4:30am. Bill was the "first responder" then and he gave Colin a bottle which sent him off to Sleepyland again.
There was another picture of Brandon and Colin printed in the local paper yesterday. It was actually a photo that we took back on September 5th of the boys in their Hokie onesies that mom submitted months ago. I keep telling her that she is probably known as the "crazy twin grandma" in the newspaper office for all of the pictures she has submitted of the boys :)
Below is a very short video that Grammy took of Brandon sucking his thumb. Be sure and turn up your speakers to hear him sucking :)
And here is another short video of the boys that their Grammy took today of them wearing their Santa's Helpers sleepers that she bought them...methinks it's a tad early for Christmas garb, but they sure are adorable in those sleepers and santa hats :)
Next week we are going to take the boys and celebrate Thanksgiving in Waynesboro. I know their Grandma and Grandpa will love seeing them again!
I've always thought it would be good to somehow print this blog and put it in Brandon and Colin's baby books. But I want the blog posts printed in chronological order, which is not how it is displayed online. So I have painstakingly copy and pasted every single post, including pictures, into a Word document that will include all blog posts made during their first 6 months. They will turn 6 months old next week during the Thanksgiving holiday - hard to believe! Anyway, that Word document is currently over 90 pages, and that's after changing it to a smaller font! I've also called some local printers and finally found one that had reasonable rates for double-sided color prints (about $.37 per side). Of course, providing them with this blog to read later on when they are older means there is a good possibility that they won't come visit us in the old folks home, heh. But hey, everybody loves baby poop stories, right? ;-)
Well it is time to wrap this post up. Next week I hope to post some pictures from our Thanksgiving trip to Waynesboro. Also, we are having somebody come to the house this Saturday to take some professional quality pictures of the boys. Bill's supervisor has a side photography business and he has agreed to take pictures of them and just charge us for the cost of the prints - yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment