Tuesday, July 6, 2010

13 months old and into everything!

I don't know how babies can crawl so darn fast, all while wiggling their cute little butts back and forth, but it sure is hard to keep up with Brandon and Colin these days! If we turn our heads for just a minute the next thing we know they have pulled some kind of paper out of a trash can and started to eat it. Or we'll find one lapping up water from the kitty bowl, which Brandon did this weekend. Grandma Dallas saw him out of the corner of her eye down on all fours with his face in the water bowl. Oopsy! We normally have a barricade of stools and chairs blocking them from the cats' food and water bowls but it is so easy to forget to move a chair back. As for trash cans they are fascinated with them and their contents. Which is why we bought a locking trash can for the kitchen last week and just yesterday I actually hung our wicker bedroom trash can up on the wall beside our bed...it looks great, ha ha.

One thing that is not great are those pesky darn colds which our boys seem to keep. Most of the holiday weekend they had super runny noses and Colin started coughing a lot on Sunday. They were still showing cold symptoms this morning so I stayed home with them today. Ugg. I think it is unlikely that they will be able to return to daycare tomorrow, but luckily mom will be able to come over tomorrow if that is the case, which allows Bill or myself to work from home at least. But this is their 4th cold in about 2 months - aaargh!

In other news Bill went to northern Virginia a couple of weekends ago to see his friend Jeff. I did pretty good watching the boys solo, though their Grammy did come over for a bit that Saturday night to help me get them in bed. It really wasn't too bad, though they will wear anybody out after a day. But the good news is now I get to have MY girls weekend! I'll be going to Knoxville in a couple of weeks to see my friend Shelly - woohoo! That will be the first time I have ever been apart from the boys for more than 12 hours. I'm sure I will miss them like crazy...but I'll get over it, heehee.

Grandma Dallas and Grandpa John came down to see the boys this past Fourth of July weekend. Below Dallas is holding Colin after she sung him to sleep, and Colin is checking John out:



Here was Colin zooming all over the living room:



Happy Brandon:



This basket is supposed to store toys, but more often it holds curious little boys and very large cats:


The boys got some "walk and ride" toys for their birthday and they have been learning how to use them. Here is a video of Colin walking all around the living room and kitchen, and boy does he get mad when he encounters a wall or cabinet, heh. Both boys can stand unassisted for several seconds, and often times Brandon sure looks like he is ready to take a step, but so far he hasn't been brave enough yet. It won't be long though!

Here is another video of Bill tickling Brandon and then Colin crawls up wanting in on the fun.

This video shows how the boys share...they basically go back and forth stealing whatever the toy of the moment is and taking turns crying :) And for the record, we never ever leave plastic bags laying around the house. We just happened to get home from Target and were putting things up and the boys really liked the noise the bag was making.

No comments:

Post a Comment