Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back from the beach

We got back from the beach this past weekend. For the most part it was perfect weather all week, though it was brutally hot a couple of days and our last day there it was very windy and the waves were too rough for most sane people to swim (but it was still a great day for hanging out on the beach). I will say this beach trip was completely different from any other year, but we expected that and we knew we wouldn't be able to do everything we wanted to do. Toddlers have the darnedest way of restricting what parents can do :) There were no romantic walks on the beach or swimming in the ocean for hours. In fact, we didn't go for a single walk on the beach nor did I ever even get in the water. Instead I let Bill take a few quick dips while I tried to keep the boys from eating sand, and I settled for stroller walks around the beach neighborhood. All in all it was a very good trip though and we are very glad we went!! Though for our next vacation we may take along a nanny so we can have some more fun :-) Since we can't afford a nanny we'll have to drag mom/Grammy along instead and she can stay in the boys' room (and get up with them when they wake at 5:30am, heh).

Colin was so close to walking prior to the trip that we just KNEW he would take his first steps while we were at the beach. But as the week passed by we wondered if he would ever get the confidence to take his first steps. Then lo and behold on Friday (the day before we left the beach) the boys' cousins, Gwynne and Audrey, came squealing out of bedroom all excited saying that Colin took a couple of steps. We were all a little skeptical, but sure enough later that evening he took a few tiny steps for me and Bill!! Then on Saturday he walked for Grandma Dallas while we stayed over at their house in Waynesboro. We were SO glad that Dallas got to see Colin walk! And I must say Colin has picked up on this walking thing a lot faster than Brandon did. Considering he has only been walking for about 5 days now he is walking way more than Brandon did at that point and he is much more stable. I guess Colin had an advantage by watching his brother toddle around for the past 3+ weeks. So needless to say Colin is catching up with Brandon rather fast, figuratively and literally! Though Brandon still has him beat in the weight department ;)

Below are several pictures from our trip. I hope you enjoy them! I don't have time to caption them but Brandon is the one with the pot belly and double chin, and Colin is the leaner one with crazy wild slightly curly hair :)









No comments:

Post a Comment