Friday, June 1, 2012

Brandon and Colin are 3!


I have set an all time record, going nearly 6 months without updating this blog.  A few things have happened during that time.  Such as Christmas, Easter, and the boys 3RD BIRTHDAY last weekend!  The week before their birthday a professional photographer came to their daycare to take pics.  We couldn't have been happier with the shots they got.  It was "vintage picture" day, and our little hams didn't disappoint. 





 













Their birthday party was on Saturday, May 26th (a day before their actual birthday).  The party theme was fire trucks because they love anything to do with red loud trucks, including racing around the house on their little fire trucks while wearing their fireman helmets.







My coworker was kind enough to let us borrow his GIGANTIC bounce house, which all of the kids loved jumping in.   Grandma Dallas was the only adult who didn't exceed the weight limit, so she got it in briefly, but it wasn't long before she was rolling towards the door to get out :)
















There was so much fun, food, friends, and stimulation at the party that we decided to hold off and give them their big birthday present on Sunday, their actual birthday.  They love their Jeep power wheel, and have even done good about taking turns on who drives.





























Now I will continue to go in reverse and cover the previous months that I was busy neglecting this blog.  Grandma and Grandpa visited us during Easter and the boys had their first Easter egg hunt.  After that they got their Easter baskets from Grandma.  These pictures were taken right after their first bite of chocolate.















I have some Christmas pictures somewhere, but I can't find them right now.  A couple of days after Christmas we kept Ian and Kora one night while Bryce and Becky celebrated their anniversary in Asheville.  Here Bill was playing "tickle ribs" with Kora and the boys.













About a month ago I decided to bake mini red velvet bundt cakes with the boys.  This was our very first baking experience, and it wasn't exactly a Betty Crocker moment.  I dripped cake batter on Brandon's head which made it look as if he had cranial trauma.  And I overfilled the pans so they not only overflowed in the toaster oven but were also burnt on top.  But my little helpers still had fun (baking the cakes and eating them, with burned tops cut off :)
















This last picture is of our little superheroes.  Our house is always protected thanks to them.



















That about sums up our last 6 months.   Tomorrow shall begin a new adventure when Potty Training Boot Camp will begin promptly at 7am.  At that point there will be no more daytime pullups, only big boy underwear.  I'm not sure our couches are going to survive the assault!  Both boys sit on the potty several times a day, but only after we ask them to, never because they want to.   And usually when we say its time to go potty they whine and/or go running into the other room.  Well enough of that!  They are 3 years old and by golly they are going to get potty trained whether they like it or not.   Wish us well!!

And I apologize for the wacky formatting of this post.  That is actually one reason I don't post often anymore.  Because I hate how this blog website does its formatting and I end up spending ridiculous amounts of time trying in vain to get it to look right.  While I'm editing it it looks perfectly aligned, but when its actually published (or previewed) the paragraphs start on the right side of pictures instead of left aligned paragraphs above them.  Oh well.  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment