If you were to visit our house these days you would wonder why in the world we have so many shower caps dangling from towel racks, shower rods, and command hooks (I do love me some command hooks). At any given moment we probably have 6 of them hanging in each bathroom. However, I did not all of a sudden become a compulsive showerer who needs to protect my hair. Upon further inspection you will realize they are in fact white vinyl training pants. Everywhere. And sadly they can't be dried in the dryer. You see, we just really started training our adorable twin toddler boys to not soil their big boy underwear. Because that makes them not so adorable. Not to mention stinky. And currently we go through 10-12 of those vinyl training pants a day, because Colin and Brandon just aren't very good at that whole potty thing yet. They know how to sit on it and go, often times while wearing their fireman helmet and reading an ESPN magazine (wonder whose that is?). They just don't like to interrupt their play time or cartoon watching to be bothered with using the potty. They have far more important things to do. So they just let loose in their pants. A lot. Which means we I do a lot of washing of underwear, shorts, and vinyl pants. When they really make a mess I have to throw their drawers in the bathroom sink to soak, or to at least let the "liquid" run off, before tossing them into the washing machine like a hot potato. So just a word to the wise to any family or friends who may wish to stay with us in the near future, be very careful while brushing your teeth in our bathroom. In fact, if you drop your toothbrush in the sink I would just advise buying a new one.
The good news is that between those vinyl pants and the waterproof bed pads that we have draped over our sofas, we haven't had to deal with any messes on our furniture yet. The bad news is that our living room kind of resembles a lounge at a nursing home. But I'm okay with that.
The good news is that between those vinyl pants and the waterproof bed pads that we have draped over our sofas, we haven't had to deal with any messes on our furniture yet. The bad news is that our living room kind of resembles a lounge at a nursing home. But I'm okay with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment