Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just checking in

Colin and Brandon continue to do really well. We can tell that both boys have gained some weight but won't know exactly how much until this Friday when we go back to the pediatrician for a weight check. They still have tummy issues fairly frequently though, which sometimes causes them to cry (which stresses me out terribly). But overall they are doing really good. As for their "colicky behavior" I found some homeopathic stuff that seems to help. It's called Cocyntal and it comes in individual little vials to squirt in their mouth. Colin was crying pretty hard the other day so I gave him a dose of the Cocyntal and within 5-10 minutes he turned into a peaceful calm little baby. Mom and I thought it was a pretty amazing transformation. Maybe it was just coincidence but that didn't stop me from buying 4 more boxes at Amazon! :)

I uploaded a few recent videos of the boys to YouTube today. The first one is a video of both boys taken a few days after they came home. Then there is a video of Brandon doing what he does best which is grunting. Not to be outdone Colin likes to make his own funny little noises that my sister-in-law Becky likes to call "snurgles".

Mom has came over every day this week and several days last week and I must say it is nice being able to take a nap and grab a shower then (especially after a night like last night when I didn't get to sleep until 3:45am and only for a couple of hours!). I'm a little worried though that she is going to spoil them rotten by holding them so much though :-p

Unfortunately we won't be joining the family at Camp Tuk-A-Way this weekend. We figure we should keep the boys in the house still since they are still so little and susceptible to germs. However, if any aunts or cousins wish to stop by on the way to or from Camp Tuk-A-Way and see the boys (after all we live right off of rt. 460) just let me know! We just ask that any visitors wash their hands when they get here for obvious reasons. Yes, I guess we have turned into germaphobes, at least until the babies get bigger and stronger :) Anyway, I hope this weekend brings good weather so the kiddos can enjoy the pool, basketball courts, etc.

We are also missing out on Bill's family's annual beach trip to Bethany Beach, DE next week. We sure hope we can make it next year though. That will be a lot of fun with two little boys that are learning to walk then!

No comments:

Post a Comment