Saturday evening Bill went to a friend's birthday party. I was a little uneasy knowing that I would have the boys for 5 hours, during their "witching hour" no less. Sometimes they get colicky in the evening and cry for a while, which is no fun. So I decided to make my first solo outing with the boys, hoping that a change in environment would head off any crying jags. So Saturday evening I fed both boys then loaded them in their carriers and went to the mall. We've got a Double Snap N' Go stroller that coworkers got us, and it is SO easy to use. I just snapped their carriers in the stroller and off I went shopping in the mall. The boys did really good too. I'm sure they liked the constant movement of the stroller. Brandon pretty much slept the entire time at the mall (save for the last 5 minutes when he started crying :). Colin was awake most of the time and I was worried he would start wailing at any minute but he never did. I just kept peeking down at him and making eye contact hoping he would stay calm, and he did. And I swear I must have been stopped by 15 people asking if they could take a peek at the boys, and what their names were, and if they were identical. I had their canopies up to keep out the light, and stranger's hands. Everybody said the boys were adorable :D
Below are some pictures taken this past weekend. My former coworker, Dwayne, and his wife, Cathy, stopped by Sunday to meet the boys, who were wearing the cute outfits that Dwayne and Cathy had previously got them.



And for some reason the boys' hair often times look red in pictures, but Brandon actually has blonde hair and Colin has a very light brown hair (though I could see Colin's hair having a slight reddish hue eventually, like his Dad's beard).
Lastly, below are two pictures of Brandon and Charlie. Brandon could not take his eyes off Charlie while he was eating. The boys love to stare at Charlie some times, I guess because of his contrasting black and white colors which their eyes can easily see.

And Charlie must have gotten jealous of me holding Brandon on Sunday because the next thing I know Charlie walked right up on me and laid down beside of Brandon, wanting his snuggles too :)

Well I've been working on this post since Sunday night, but there just isn't enough time in the day to get things done. I know I sound like a broken record saying that all of the time! Anyway, I'm gonna finally publish this post so I can get back to work. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment