Thursday, October 1, 2009

My cure for colic!

I have spent a small fortune on supposed colic remedies including gripe water, mylicon drops, "Colic Calm", etc as well as baby soothing toys that play music/display lights, etc. And none of them have really worked, except for sometimes these little vials called Cocyntal. But when the boys take a notion to scream their heads off there usually isn't much we can do but grin and bear it. And tonight was one of those nights (again!). Then I remembered something one of the women in my MOMs group (Mothers of Multiples) told me. She said when her girls were colicky the only thing that would usually help was putting them in the bathroom, dimming the lights, and running the water in the tub. Now I've heard of vacuums, hair dryers, etc, but that was a new one for me. But tonight I was desperate and Brandon was wailing so I decided to give it a try. I love me some baths anyway, so even if he screamed then too I would at least get my shower/bath out of the way tonight. So I swaddled him up and put him in his infant rocker (while he was screaming the whole time), only turned on a nightlight in the bathroom,and then turned the water on full blast. I also added a healthy dose of bubble bath suds and brought along a glass of wine :) Well within seconds he had stopped crying, and within 2 minutes he was OUT! Our tub also has loud whirlpool jets so when it was full I just turned those on and then turned off the water, and he still kept sleeping. Heck, he's STILL snoozing in there 45 minutes later listening to the hum of those whirlpool jets!

I'm just so happy to have found something that worked! Not only did I get a nice wine buzz out of it, but I've got silky shaven legs to boot, heehee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment