Friday, November 13, 2009

Weekend update

I figured I should make a post now while I have a few free moments, otherwise it probably won't happen this weekend. We started putting Colin to bed in the nursery along with his brother Wednesday night. It's a great feeling to know they are both in their big boy cribs in the nursery! And for the past 2 nights things have went really well. Although now that they are in the nursery where the crib mattresses are thicker than the mattress on the mini-crib, their Angelcare motion sensor monitors are giving more false alarms, which is not fun at 4am! And that happened night before last with Colin's monitor which caused me to run in there twice between 4am and 4:30am. I figured it was a false alarm and wasn't really worried that he wasn't breathing, I was more worried the stupid alarm would wake him or Brandon up. So after the second false alarm I turned off Colin's sensor alarm, and shortly after that I just decided to put him in bed with me since I could hear him stirring. Other than that though everything has worked out great with the boys sharing the nursery. Now that they are no longer separated Bill and I don't have an "assigned baby" each night that we are responsible for. Instead now we alternate nights as to who is the "first responder," ha :) The first responder is the one who will do a middle-of-the-night feeding or soothing, should a baby wake up. And if the boys sleep through the night, like they usually do, then the first responder will be the one to get up for a feeding when the first baby wakes. We've got a pretty good system, and a slew of sound, motion, and video monitors to help us! :)

Below are a couple of pictures of the boys. The one on the left is of Colin wearing the Pooh sleeper that Uncle Randall and Aunt Dreama got the boys. They are a little on the small side now though and look like high waters! (these sleepers will be donated to Jason and Erin for when their little boy arrives in March!) Colin is also hugging his little stuffed kitty cat and wearing "Panda booties" which jingle when he kicks. As I said in a previous post, little babies really don't need to match either :) The picture on the right is of Brandon this morning playing with their newest toy, Earl E. Bird, which makes crinkle noises and has different textures and teething rings. I thought it was cute to see Brandon sucking on his leg with his eyes peeking out.



I made such a quick post last time with those short videos that I forgot to mention the visit from Kelley's family last weekend. Kelley, Ben, Audrey, and Jack arrived Friday evening and we had pizza to celebrate Kelley's birthday. Kelley enjoyed seeing the boys and holding them, and the kids enjoyed playing Wii down in the basement. It was a good visit and wished they could have stayed longer!

Also, my Aunt Alice stopped by today for a quick visit to see the boys. That was sweet of her considering that she is recuperating from hip replacement surgery! Unfortunately Colin was napping when she came by but she did get to visit with Brandon and Grammy for a bit.

Well that's all for now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment