Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh yeah...the blog

It's been nearly 2 months since I've made a blog post. My goal was to make one in mid-January to post a bunch of Christmas pictures. Then I started stressing about tax deadlines for filing forms for our babysitter. And then we started having problems with our babysitter and ended up firing her a couple of weeks ago. Then we decided to hire another babysitter rather than put them in daycare, but we apparently chose a hypochondriac who was supposed to start work this past Monday but has been out sick all week long. Then we decided to go with a daycare after all, but there is a slight problem in that all good daycares have long waiting lists which leaves one or two bad to mediocre daycares. Oh and Bill and I also got sick last weekend (but didn't lay out of work all week, just 2 days). Sooooo we have been very busy the past 2 months just dealing with STRESS.

So let's talk about the good stuff instead! Brandon and Colin will be 21 months old at the end of February. And perhaps I'm a tad biased but I think they get cuter as they get older :) They also get into more trouble. Every time I think I have babyproofed for the final time, they find something else to climb on to or open. I can't tell you how many rolls of heavy duty tape we have been through in the past 6 months. Currently we are taping the fridge door shut (since they can pull it open with ease), and we've even taped the toy chest lid to the wall because they were constantly standing on it otherwise and pushing each other. I have also taped our night stand and telephone table to the walls. And put child latches on countless other things. If you saw our house today you would laugh at all the childproofing. But I care not what it looks like or what people think. I'm all about functionality and saving what is left of my sanity! The picture below was just taken a couple of days ago. I already had to set the booster free chair up on the table because Brandon kept pulling it out and crawling on to the table and Mommy was quickly losing her patience. Shortly after that, and immediately after snack time, he managed to pull out his booster seat, crawl on top of it to the table, grab the puffs and start cramming them in his mouth, all before I even realized what he had done. Their speed and stealthiness still amaze me.



The next 2 pictures were taken last week during their bath. We had ran a towel over their hair and were getting ready to get them out of the tub. Yeah...Colin needs a haircut :)



We also took a couple of videos of the boys today. Here they are playing outside in their little play house (that was a great Craigslist purchase!). And here is a video of Colin copying Brandon.

Here are some Christmas pictures (their toddler chairs that Grandma and Grandpa got them have been a huge hit):





When we got home from Waynesboro there was still plenty of snow for the boys to stomp around in:


The next batch of pics were taken in mid-January when Grandma and Grandpa visited. Colin was so cute. Whenever Grandma would read him a story he kept looking up at her giving her a kiss :)




Here are the boys with Poppy:


Lastly, here is Colin working the cell phones in his easy chair. He's a popular boy you know.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetest pics of my boys with Grandma reading! And the video of Colin mimicking Brandon was adorable. Even your dad chuckled aloud. :) And Colin should be in that e-trade commercial for sure.

    ReplyDelete